As if I've ever done otherwise.
I planned to visit an Ecstatic dance community in West End tonight; Grooving to the electro-trance-shaman music, getting out of the head into the body, losing myself, finding clarity and rejoicing in the happiness on the dance floor...
Instead I binged and couldn't move. My 'small' pre-dance snack turned into a full blown dinner with perhaps not the wisest food choices.
I was determined to dance anyway....
So...to productively utilize my digesting before feeling light enough to rock my own living room, I tuned into to the annual Hayhouse world summit 2017 (as I've been for the past 5 years!) .
I got blown away by an interview with Kerri Richardson about clutter (physical, emotional, body weight or relationships), and further inspired by Liana Werner-Gray's healing food blog.
Couple of days ago I listened to a talk about food addictions by Dr. Susan Pierce Thompson, and she made my weight struggle appear mundane, yet borderline if emotions were left unchecked.
Being also a big advocate of the "Body Ecology" way of eating by Donna Gates, I put 2 and 2 together...
and x, y, z... and things started to make sense.
Long story cut short:
I am embarking on a 3 months detox. Since I have only 3 months left in Australia guaranteed, I might as well make them healthy and working towards my happiness.
It won't be about juicing or starving myself...
Interestingly, nobody mentioned a word about coffee and alcohol on Hayhouse today, and I know how sensitive this topic is! Coffee, wine - good or bad?? How much, how little, when? I am sick of it as well as you.
But I have my history of substance and food abuse.... Because I know that balance is so hard to achieve, even irregular drinking directly impacts my whole life - The way I think, the way I feel, the way I act and the way I turn a blind eye on toxic people who feel good in my presence, but I feel worse in theirs..
I am the sensitive one and I must respect that.
I've been slipping off the happiness and stability track in the past few weeks. It's my lack of integrity with myself.
No need to despair - I devised a plan for recovery!
Non-negotiables from now on to August 25th and hopefully beyond, wherever it might be:
- Saying no to alcohol, coffee, processed sugar and flour - wheat
- No to toxic relationships
- Diet free from negative thoughts, self-judgment, guilt and other unaddressed negative emotions. -> yes to daily forgiveness and gratitude.
- SWEAT once a day (at least). Whether it'd be hot yoga, pilates, dance or running, or a very long love-making session (with a non-toxic person for a change). Doing something physical every day.
- No to mixing carbohydrates with protein - e.g: quiche, sushi, pasta with cheese, gluten-free anything with meat, eggs or dairy.
- Starting my day with lots of water. And a glass of lemon water - warm or cold.
- Morning visualization of happiness, feeling in love with myself and life. Prayer to God filled with gratitude.
- Approved liquids for energy - matcha, chai, green tea, oolong, yerba mate. Not sure about decaffeinated coffee yet.
- Eating whole foods
- Yes to kefir, yes to probiotics and cultured vegetables, no to kombucha
- No to cakes with flour, coconut sugar and seemingly good stuff - I don't need that for my survival
- Swapping commercial dark chocolate for cacao with stevia and coconut oil
- Limiting fruit. 1-2 pieces of fruit per day
- Limiting dairy, soy and peanuts. If, then organic or cultured.