Saturday, January 20, 2018

Man-free never felt better

I avoided him like the plague...

Soon it won’t be called “a visit of our mutual friend, Rowena and her family near his town”. It will be simply: “visiting Rowena and her adorable family.”

I had so much fun with Rowena and her kids. I connect with them and I dare to say - they love me by now.

I avoided the southern suburb of the town. The farm, the shop... his ‘estate’.

No need to see him, reminisce, or accidentally bump into him and stammer. Apparently, he seemed offended that I didn't make the effort to stop by this time. I couldn't. I am single, our past connection fatally marked me, false promises made the concept of love seem like a joke, disillusionment crushed me, and now I am ready to start seeing possibilities for a rebirth. Why would I take a step back, even if just temporarily? Complete celibacy does work for me.
I know what I need and two years into our split - I see that he still wouldn't deliver. As I'm untangling, I feel gratitude for everything that happened.
Next time I won’t cry on the train when leaving either.

Current stop - Gold Coast
In a few days - Byron Bay
Final stop - Melbourne 
Then home sweet home - Darwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.