Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Wind and Sea

I am ready - I am not ready - I am ready
The story of my life.

Many of the men I’ve met on my life journey actually wanted a commitment. It was but me who hesitated. Now I am in THE TOWN (his town)! The local charm sucks me in, the human idiocy makes me drop my jaw in disbelief.

I’ve changed, why hasn’t it over here?

But then… I turn to appreciate the beauty of nature. NSW is beautiful and especially these parts remind me of the forests, meadows and mountains in the Czech Republic. The landscape is so fresh and crisp and it’s calling me to explore it. I love longingly staring into the distant wilderness.

The wind gave me a super blow-dry today. I wasn’t complaining though. Thank God for oxygen. But it did blow me off of the path a few steps, and instead of the pavement I involuntarily headed towards the beach. There it was even windier, obviously!

I nearly suffocated by that much air in a single sweep. Sounds like a paradox - however, the wind in my face felt like a plastic bag over my head.
No one was swimming in the stormy sea, but all of us present walking on the beach in the dawn no doubt felt its salty kiss. 
The raw weather seemed rather magnificent. 
The wind carried droplets of water and grains of the shore far into the bushes. The sand swirled around me and stung my eyes before brushing over my hair. I played a part in this orchestra. 
I kept breathing and feeling absolutely connected to nature, its untamed elements, and once again I experienced such gratitude for living in Australia and having my earliest memories connected to this magical place.

I don’t miss him. But what we had was good…

I should probably avoid him this time.

However, I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.